Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
CTC is looking for individuals to help build out our next generation market access suite. Come join us and be involved in mission-critical initiatives that have a direct and meaningful impact on the firm’s daily performance. Our team is fast-paced and dynamic, where team members can quickly see the results of their effort, and their impact on our business.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to CTC’s next generation front office trading services to deliver an extendable and scalable C++ platform that evolve in parallel with CTC’s growing business models; these toolkits encompass the following domains:
- Highly optimized market access & market data solutions, focused on reliable, deterministic event streams to power quantitative research
- Extendable frameworks to facilitate quick expansion into emerging markets, i.e. crypto
- Develop best-in-class execution & market-making strategies with sophisticated back-testing capabilities
- Partner with the traders and quants to understand the most important problems in order to guide how and where we innovate
- Collaborate closely with developers on the team and around the firm to help address common integration and shared service opportunities
- Use new technologies and approaches with continuous improvement in mind
- Contribute to the growth of our platform through in-team code reviews and system reviews, standardizing methodologies and best-in-class CI/CD tooling
What We’re Looking For
- Exceptional C++ skills including experience including multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- Experience building low latency, scalable services, including demonstrated preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
- Ability to quickly triage issues and drive resolution effort through completion
- Familiarity with delivering software in an Agile environment is a plus
- Highly motivated, humble, and collaborative team member
- Ability to communicate sophisticated ideas both written and verbally
- Formal finance training is not required, however is preferred
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.