Execution Strategy Team Lead
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
We are looking for an experienced Strategy Lead to manage a team that develops new execution and market making strategies and innovates on existing ones. In this role you will be involved in mission-critical projects that have direct and meaningful impact on CTC's daily performance. Strategies are primarily developed in C++ and deployed on Linux in short, frequent development cycles in proprietary software. In our fast-paced team environment our engineers can quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Collaborate closely with trading and quant to develop best-in-class execution and market making strategies
- Navigate and drive alignment on software versus hardware solutions
- Manage a software engineering team whose role is to understand requirements, propose solutions and deliver software into production environment in a timely and robust manner
- Foster collaboration with other teams including operations, option pricing, exchange access, inventory and risk management, and quality assurance
- Prior experience leading a software development team preferably in trading execution
- 5+ years of development experience required in C++ knowledge of C++14/17/20 preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust, collaborate, and influence across the team, company, and with external partners
- Passion for coaching and developing members of your team
- Ability to quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- Demonstrated preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.