At Chicago Trading Company we pride ourselves on our culture, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. We are a hive of collaboration where our traders, quants, technologists, and operations teams work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We hold each other to the highest standards in our effort, our resourcefulness, and our integrity. We also recognize that maintaining a strong culture requires a significant investment in our people, so continuous learning and professional development are cornerstones of CTC’s ongoing success.
Are you a skilled project manager who enjoys building relationships and leading? The FICC (Fixed Income, Commodities, and Currency) team at CTC is looking for a project manager to facilitate project prioritization and execution for the quant/trading team. This role will interact with all areas of Trading including leadership, trading desks, quant researchers/quant developers, and tech support. This role would require looking for new innovations/ways to optimize the project queue/execution to help FICC achieve our goals efficiently.
- Scrum Master: As the Scrum Master you would lead our morning standups, sprint planning, as well as sprint retrospectives. You would be responsible for guiding FICC’s use of agile, while pushing us to continue to improve on our processes.
- Project Management: This role will involve working with a product owner as a project manager on our more complex and critical innovation projects. Your role will be to assist with creating the project plan, assigning work based on skills/interests, aligning stakeholders, managing project scope, and driving the project to completion.
- Communication: You will help to instill healthy communication practices throughout FICC and be a model for those lines of communication at all levels.
- Cross Discipline Coordination: This role will act as a conduit between FICC and firmwide initiatives. This will involve making sure FICC is aware of firmwide initiatives that will be coming to the desk, advocating for FICC’s needs when appropriate, and ensuring a smooth implementation process.
- Defining Quarterly OKRs: You will drive OKR development in FICC by working with leadership to review performance on OKRs and define OKRs for the upcoming quarter.
- People Management: In this role you could have the opportunity to function as a people manager for quant staff in FICC.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated track record for producing successful plans, ensuring responsibilities, monitoring progress, and appropriately communicating status.
- Experience managing multiple Projects and a thorough understanding Project Management disciplines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and lead teams.
- Experience in financial services; experience within a trading firm is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology is preferred.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response