Are you passionate about being a part of the trading industry? Do you crave being involved in critical decision-making that has direct and meaningful impact on an organization's daily performance? Are you tenacious in tracking down and solving issues? If so, we encourage you to consider Chicago Trading Company.
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a forward-thinking, technology-focused proprietary trading firm that helps the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take smart risks in a collaborative environment. We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry that makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong.
Started in 1995 by a team of Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better. As we look to the future, we strive to scale our successful options market making business to expand into new markets, new technologies, and new geographies. Our technology and information platforms will play a paramount role in that growth and expansion.
You will be responsible for assisting traders with all administrative tasks and projects pertaining to the daily trading function. You will act as a liaison between our floor traders, brokers, other dealers and our clearing firm, in order to ensure that trading and operations run smoothly. You will handle position reconciliation and maintain reports for trade positions.
This role provides the opportunity for you to be part of a dynamic derivatives trading industry, and gives you exposure to many experienced trading professionals, as well as access to a first-class in-house education department.
What you can expect:
- Introduction to options pricing, theory, and trading strategies
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- You will have the opportunity to participate in mock trading classes
- You will interact directly with our trading team in a dynamic market place
What it takes for you to be successful:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skill set
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work ethic, keen attention to detail, and team-first attitude
- Demonstrated record of success (academics, awards, etc.)
Why should you consider a career at CTC?
- Be part of a fast-growing, industry-leading global technology company
- Opportunity to work with and learn from forward-thinking leaders in our industry
- Experience innovation, teamwork, and fun while working in an intellectually stimulating environment
- Join a challenging, collaborative workplace where there is no limit to what you can learn and what you will be able to contribute
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package including free breakfast and lunch (and healthy snacks of course!) as well as onsite biometric testing and fitness center membership
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.