Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
We are seeking an experienced Floor Trader to join one of our Index options market-making teams and trade on the CBOE floor. You will be challenged each day to provide outstanding liquidity in an ultra-competitive environment backed by world class pricing, cutting-edge technology and seasoned trading team. You will have the opportunity to use your execution skills as you independently identify market opportunities and make autonomous trading decisions on behalf of the team.
What You’ll Do
- You will be exposed to our proprietary trading models and strategies that will help you hone your execution skills and contribute to overall team success
- Learn CTC’s trading style from highly skilled and experienced traders and risk managers
- Build strong relationships with floor brokers to grow CTC’s opportunity to provide liquidity and access order flow
- Be part of a collaborative team that is constantly evolving our market making strategy to remain a premier option liquidity provider
- Have access to a full suite of educational materials and tools designed in house by CTC experts
What We’re Looking For
- Experience trading options in an open outcry environment
- Ability to make quick quantitative decisions under pressure with imperfect information
- Drive to compete and win
- A desire to operate as part of a team of smart, highly driven peers, commensurate with our culture
- Ability to learn from mistakes and continuously improve
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with both traders and non-traders.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.