Are you passionate about Leadership and Linux Infrastructure! Do you find planning and implementing Linux systems to support business initiatives exciting? Do you love working and coordinating among multiple teams?
If so, this is a superb opportunity. We are looking for a Team Lead - Senior Engineer to lead our Linux Team. You will work closely with other Infrastructure teams, Development, Trading Systems Managers and Applications Support personnel to provide non-stop, high-performance, high-availability and low latency trading systems to the CTC trading and business community.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and supervision
- Goal and Career development plans for the team members
- Lead budget efforts on behalf of team
- Legal Domain Expertise (SME) for contracts
- Long-term planning and solutions engineering
- Prioritizing and allocating workload among the team
- Analyze, design, install and run Linux systems
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of all Linux infrastructure
- Linux Systems metrics and service levels
- After hours and weekend support required as part of the on-call rotation
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- System performance analysis, tuning, and experience solving technical issues including network, system, and hardware optimization for low latency.
- Proven grasp of Linux kernel tuning and operating system semantics. Real-time kernel experience a plus.
- High Availability, clustering, failover, and load balancing experience.
- Virtualization experience including VMware vSphere or ESX server and/or SAN experience a plus.
- Strong scripting abilities using Perl, Python, and/or bash/ksh.
- Knowledge of LVM, ext3, filesystem tuning, OpenSSH, LDAP, Kerberos, and related services.
- Ability to work well with customers in a cross-team environment as well as partner with external customers to build trust and influence both inside and outside the team.
- Ability to mentor within one’s own group as well as other groups.
- Proactive with strong listening skills, ability to complete time-sensitive tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal direction in a complex, high-stress environment.
- Strong planning and interpersonal skills, able to detail processes and procedures, able to identify problems, frame them for other team members, and work towards solutions as a group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Red Hat RHCE/RHCA Certification is preferred but not required
- Red Hat Satellite and Ansible experience is a plus
- Experience with financial industry applications and environments preferred
Who we are:
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, collaborative derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take proactive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.