Chicago Trading Company (CTC)
CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
Do you have a strong interest in Trading and Technology? Do you understand accounting & finance principles, and can you engage traders, software developers and accountants to facilitate the purchase and research of market data that is critical to our trading strategies?
The Market Data Jr. Analyst is responsible for contributing to CTC’s market data (MD) services that are provided by vendors or directly from various exchanges on behalf of CTC! The team ensures that our users have access to their required market data and research, administers the firm’s overall market data budget and allocations, and partners with the software development team and traders on the purchase of market data and feed handlers for our trading systems. Responsibilities include market data procurement, market data inventory management, exchange reporting and audits, budgeting & forecasting, and market data research. This role collaborates closely with vendors, exchanges, and CTC’s internal Technology, Trading, Legal, Accounts Payable (A/P), and Procurement teams.
What you will do at CTC
- Manage all data in CTC’s market data management and entitlement system (FITS)
- Contract entry and inventory management of Market Data contracts and services, and other recurring expenses
- Monthly invoice submissions, inventory uploads, currency conversions, corporate structure & headcount reference data maintenance
- Partner with the A/P team to reconcile monthly expense and accruals with CTC’s general ledger, resolve discrepancies with our vendors and exchanges and reflect all changes in the market data management system
- Leverage Coupa (Procurement system) and department resources for input data
- Prepare monthly reporting data for usage reports to exchanges & third-party vendors
- Order terminals & IDs, and coordinate access & delivery of licenses and data from vendors for end-users
- Support Market Data procurement responsibilities including contract renewals, product pricing, purchasing, and communicating needs to vendors
- Provide Market Data relationship management backup support with all of CTC’s market data providers and all exchange market data contacts
- Conduct research on the market data vendor landscape and product offerings; assist in staying ahead of 3rd party vendor and exchange changes
- Assist in the development of new processes in TBM Market Data to drive department output and value
- Assist with monthly variance reporting and data for TBM and Accounting
Skills you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management Information Systems or related field
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Minimum of 1-2 years direct work experience in market data, exchange connectivity or related field within a trading or financial firm (IT specific experience preferred). You will enjoy this role if you have a strong interest in Technology and Finance.
- Knowledge of exchange policies
- Experience using market data inventory management systems or similar
- Must have good balance of deep technical and financial skills. Must be comfortable working with Excel (including formulaic logic such as: if statements, v-lookups, and pivot tables). Report-building is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of vendor practices and processes preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.