Chicago Trading Company (CTC)
CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for working closely with the Operations staff of the Fund Administrator, prime brokers, and other third-party vendors. This position ensures daily reconciliations between fund administrator and prime brokers are complete and accurate. Additionally, the Associate produces a suite of internal reports to the Manager of Operations, monitoring collateral, margining, and financing. Daily responsibilities include:
What you will do at CTC
- Managing daily cash and position reconciliation processes between the Fund Administrator, GlobeOp Financial Services, prime brokers, and internal order management systems. Researching and solving any clearing or trade break issues with counterparties with minimal errors.
- Working with prime broker counterparties on global equity, corporate bond, derivatives, and sovereign bond settlements and corporate actions
- Confirming all bilateral OTC trades with counterparties on ICELink
- Crafting and analyzing internal reports detailing margin requirements, cash custody balances, collateral management, etc with external prime broker and custody accounts.
- Figuring out and initiating collateral transfers between entities to cover margin requirements and optimize interest revenue for the Fund group
- Collaborating with the technology team on Operations projects, and assist with troubleshooting technical issues
- Preparing profit and loss reports for portfolio manager and analyzing the impact of corporate actions on monthly financial statements
- Calculating and confirming all credit default swap, equity swap, and OTC option reset and settlement payments.
- Ensuring all OTC products are booked accurately at the Administrator.
- Build and document workflows, policies and procedures and compliance reports
- Maintaining the Fund and Fund Management expense database, coordinating accrual/payment information with Fund Controller, and handling other Administrative duties
- Distributing daily trade data reports and ensuring accurate uploads with counterparties for all asset classes, including credit derivative trading.
- Assisting with monthly NAV reconciliations and distribution.
- Identifying opportunities to crafting operational efficiencies
Skills and experience you need
- 3-5 yrs experience with trade settlements, workflows and trading operations in general
- Experience with equities, fixed income, futures, CFD, and OTC markets and products
- Listed derivatives and OTC knowledge, including CDS and swaps needed
- OMS experience (Broadridge specific knowledge a plus)
- Python, SQL, advanced Excel knowledge desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.