Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and creative Principal Data Engineer to join the team. As a team member, you will be responsible for a large-scale data processing pipeline across our various datasets used by Traders and Quantitative Researchers to analyze financial markets, determine trading opportunities, and establish trading strategies.
- Design, architect and build infrastructure to support large scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems that support growing data platform demands
- Propose flexible technical implementations which support future architectural changes to solve potential scaling and performance problems
- Work closely with Traders and Quant Researchers to determine new and appropriate data sources for analysis of trading opportunities
- Design and develop robust data pipelines to provide organized and reliable datasets that address the needs of trading teams and strategies
- Continuously monitor data pipelines to ensure stability, reliability and quality of data
- Mentor team members across the division by providing advice, constructive feedback and code reviews
- Guide conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams, fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Participate in agile software development practices to maximize team performance and enable high-quality communication with stakeholders
- Ability to architect and deliver a high availability cloud production data platform (ETL, storage, research) including services and frameworks designed for use by multiple teams
- General understanding of financial markets and trading concepts
- Experience working with large and complex financial datasets including time series data
- Capable of developing, reviewing and optimizing Python code with heavy use of Pandas, Numpy and Scipy
- Experience with distributed data processing technologies such as Spark and Dask
- Experience with DBMS concepts such as advanced SQL, DataFrame, user defined functions and query optimization
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.