Principal – Cloud Development Lead
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
Are you excited by the idea of shaping the future of our proprietary trading platform? We’re looking for an experienced cloud-centric technologist to work in a cross-team capacity to evolve our systems with cloud-first design patterns. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of dev teams solving complex problems and help them design world-class platforms. If building POCs and reference architecture gets you excited, you will be a great fit for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with framework and application leads to understand their challenges in meeting growing business needs
- Come up with reference architectures that harness elasticity, resiliency, and efficiency of resource utilization offered by the Cloud and apply those to solving CTC's business problems
- Adhere to the engineering mindset of creating and maintaining performant and reliable production systems
- Guide development teams in the process of modernizing their applications as part of onboarding to the cloud
- Partner with developers of greenfield efforts to design and develop cloud-first solutions
- Develop and benchmark POCs that will form the basis of CTC's opinionated cloud system & software architecture
- Work with vendors and vendor solutions to evaluate products, produce recommendations for the firm, and educate internal teams
- Become an influencer and win hearts and minds
What We’re Looking For
- Experience with multi-cloud/multi-region architecture using Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience migrating existing frameworks and applications to the Cloud
- Experience with direct connect environments and understanding of pros and cons of hybrid (on-prem and Cloud) deployments
- Experience building containerized Cloud-native enterprise-grade applications
- Hands-on experience with Java & Python
- Enjoy trying out new tech, benchmarking and putting together POCs and ready to roll up your sleeves and help convert a POC into an MVP
- Passionate about delivering high-quality, scalable and resilient software products while adhering to firm-wide security policies and best practice for implementations
- Experience with Kafka, Snowflake and high-volume data ingest strongly preferred
- Skilled in working with stakeholders at varying degree of technical expertise
- This is predominantly individual contributor role, but team lead experience is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of C++ is a plus
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
This position cannot accommodate full-time remote work in Colorado, California, District of Columbia, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Utah.
We also welcome employees in our Chicago or NYC office who would like to work in-office or in an in-office/remote hybrid.