Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk through our interactions in various financial markets. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
What You’ll Do
The Program Management office works with teams across the organization to deliver key projects and objectives. CTC has many current efforts across the globe that will require a person with extensive experience in project management, a good understanding of software and hardware development lifecycle methodologies, and strong communication and collaboration skills. Experience with complex electronic trading platforms and execution risk management systems is a definite plus. The role will collaborate with a wide array of groups across the firm including business, quant, trading, and technology teams. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Promote and facilitate communications with key partners across functions to drive timely completion of key deliverables
- Ensure technology projects are aligned with firm’s operational excellence objectives
- Develop, maintain, and publish management information reporting on the overall progress of program, facilitate status updates on milestones, and highlight material risks and issues
- Facilitate cross-partner project meetings capturing notes, maintaining the team’s document repository, and enhancing tools, templates, processes to better serve evolving business needs
- Facilitate the formulation and tracking of program and team OKRs
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to work independently with good judgement to know when to call out issues
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter, team-player
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and written skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging business/ trading environment
- Ability to lead projects, drive change initiatives, and problem solve with a wide variety of team members with varying levels of seniority, skill sets, and potentially conflicting requirements and objectives
- 2+ years experience with JIRA and knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Familiar with software and hardware development lifecycle methodologies
- Exposure to complex technology systems and architectures a plus
- Exposure to financial markets and trading systems a plus
Finalist may be located in either our Chicago headquarter location or our New York location.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.