Are you an engineer who is passionate about enabling business-impacting research through quality data sourcing, reliable and transparent processes, and durable systems? Are you happiest when collaborating with engineers, quants, and traders to deliver trust and confidence in data, software and outcomes? CTC is seeking experienced specialists for our Data Engineering team. We are responsible for the development, infrastructure, and operations of CTC's common data platform. You will utilize your experience combined with the team to operate and improve our data platform, pipelines, and data sources through partnered collaboration with quants and traders in our dynamic, research-driven trading firm.
- Supervise and maintain the shared services that unite our data storage systems, ingest and ETL pipelines, and research tools.
- Partner with researchers, technologists, and trading teams to improve monitoring, alerting, and quality control in our platform.
- Collaborate with other peers to build effective unit tests, integration tests and test data to ensure high-quality code and business logic is released quickly and safely
- Contribute to the growth of other specialists though in team code reviews, and system review, standardizing methodologies and CI/CD tooling
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, and Git
- Experience debugging Linux systems, cloud experience is valued.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn distributed computing tools and related languages like PySpark, Scala and Java
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience handling large (Tb+) datasets
- Ability to communicate, document, and track fast-paced situations dealing with product data, systems, and business outcomes.
What it takes to be successful:
- You are a highly motivated, humble, and collaborative team member
- You can communicate sophisticated ideas both written and verbally
- You are vigilant and focused on ensuring reliable and continuous operation of valuable systems
- Formal finance training is not required
Why should you consider a career at CTC?
- Be part of a fast-growing, industry-leading global technology company
- Opportunity to work with and learn from forward-thinking leaders in our industry
- Experience innovation, teamwork, and fun while working in an intellectually stimulating environment
- Join a challenging, collaborative workplace where there is no limit to what you can learn and what you will be able to contribute
- Excellent growth potential
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package including free breakfast and lunch (and healthy snacks of course!) as well as onsite biometric testing and fitness center membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.