CTC is seeking a highly experienced systematic trader to join our growing cross-disciplinary Underlying Market Making (UMM) team, which is responsible for the end-to-end development and execution of systematic delta-one trading strategies.
Are you a highly analytical problem solver with deep knowledge in futures or equities/ETF market making? As a senior member of our team, you will partner with skilled software engineers and other quants and traders to design, backtest/simulate, implement, and refine trading strategies across a wide variety of asset classes on a new, internally-developed low-latency platform supported by CTC’s broad infrastructure and market presence!
- Implement, run, measure, and improve a large number of signals with various hold times and performance profiles to deliver iterative value in a fast-paced environment
- Utilize sophisticated statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze market data and microstructure to propose new alphas
- Design and automate new tools to industrialize the alpha search and optimization process
- Collaborate with our specialist embedded technology team on technical design discussions, requirements gathering, setting priorities, and product ownership
- Work closely with and learn from developers and traders on other teams in CTC’s world-class trading organization
- Help drive the next stage of UMM’s transformation
- Possess highly automated, low-latency and high-scale experience with intraday high-Sharpe alphas in the following products: (required) either exchange-traded futures or US equities/ETFs; (optionally) FX or cash treasuries
- Recent, substantial responsibility to generate and iterate upon successful low-variance alphas with high market share in relevant products
- Experience optimizing latency-sensitive liquidity-providing strategies, placing and canceling correlated bids and offers across a range of products and market structures
- Strong understanding of exchange matching algorithm and market data nuances
- Strong proficiency and relevant work experience in Python (required) and C++ (strongly preferred)
- Experience with linear algebra and modern statistical and machine-learning techniques, and interacting with large datasets
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.