Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
We are seeking an experienced Quantitative Trader to join one of our highly profitable options market-making desks. Our trading teams require individuals that can marry trading intuition, quantitative research and technical acumen in order to capitalize on short and medium-term opportunities in volatility market making. This role offers an outstanding opportunity in leadership, strategy development and risk management in a team trading environment where collaboration and continuous improvement are greatly rewarded.
What You’ll Do
- Build on your previous research and trading experience to drive the profitability of a highly electronic trading operation.
- Drive a rapid innovation cycle that produces demonstrable wins through the feedback loops of quantitative research/analysis, trading, post-trade analysis, and iterative workflows.
- Conduct research and experiments to improve existing strategies and deploy new strategies that monetize opportunities in a constantly evolving market environment.
- Build data-based tools and workflows to further systematize our approach to trading and risk management.
- Apply quantitative research and modeling to solve core problems in order to set us up for flexibility and innovation in the medium to longer term.
- Learn from an experienced team with a diverse knowledge base across trading, quant, and technology
What We’re Looking For
- Quantitative trading knowledge and intuition within the derivatives industry
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills including a solid foundation of statistics knowledge
- Proficiency in Python and ability to use SQL; able to use these skills to manipulate large datasets and build lightweight tools for analysis
- Familiarity with market microstructure on various CFTC and SEC trading exchanges
- A desire to operate as part of a team of smart, highly driven peers, commensurate with our culture
- Ability to learn from mistakes and continuously improve
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across all the disciplines in the firm
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.