Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
Quantitative research is a key driver of innovation at CTC and one of the pillars upon which our firm is built. We are seeking a Quantitative Researcher to strategically partner with Trading and Technology to strengthen, scale, and evolve the firm's trading capabilities within our core Options Market Making (OMM) business. As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be embedded on a trading desk, working close to the “tip of the spear” in a dynamic environment. This includes partnership with trading through quantitative problem solving, trading strategy generation, back-testing, statistical analysis, and system design. Our environment of collaborative innovation and intellectual curiosity allows us to share in our victories while continually challenging ourselves to stretch the limits of our creativity. Take advantage of this opportunity to apply the scientific method to business problems as part of the Quant team at CTC.
What You’ll Do
- Partner directly with trading to turn market observation and intuition into working hypotheses
- Collaborate with trading and technology to build world class models that help us describe the ever-changing world around us
- Assess the strength of both current models and new candidate models by using intuition, data, and first principles
- Participate in a rapid innovation cycle that produces demonstrable wins through the feedback loop of quantitative research, trading, post-trade analysis, and iterative workflows
- Conduct research and design experiments to improve existing strategies and deploy new strategies that monetize opportunities in a constantly evolving market environment
- Build data-based tools and workflows to further systematize our approach to trading and risk management.
- Learn from an experienced team with a diverse knowledge base across trading, quant, and technology
What We’re Looking For
- Research experience with a proven track record of describing and solving complex problems
- History of success working in a team first environment – we hold the success of the team above personal recognition
- Ability to learn from mistakes and continuously improve
- Excellent communication skills – ability to effectively deconstruct complex systems and ideas into simpler concepts that are explainable to all levels of experience, both written and verbally
- Expertise in C++ or Python required
- Formal finance training is not required
- Masters or PhD is not required, but will be thoughtfully considered in the application process
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.