Senior UI Engineer – Trading Services
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
As a Senior Trading Services Web UI Engineer you will help drive user interaction with our trading systems. Successful Trading Services Engineers have a curiosity about both trading and technology. You will apply your experience and team with us to develop a UI architecture capable of delivering information to trading desks with varying requirements. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort.
What You’ll Do
- Define web development standards for firmwide adoption
- Collaborate with traders, quants and technologists to drive requirements
- Architect high-performance web solutions to address latency-critical, large volume problems
- Implement UI components and solutions using the Angular web stack
- Collaborate and share your expertise during design and code reviews
- Partner with DevOps to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy run in a production environment
What We’re Looking For
- Subject matter expertise in Web Development
- Experience developing, testing, deploying, tuning and supporting enterprise wide web applications
- Desire to learn details of electronic trading, no current knowledge needed
- Strong problem solving and analytic capabilities
- A self-starter who can quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- A preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.