Are you an experienced software engineer passionate about building high-performance trading applications? Do you think about trade-offs between low latency and ultra-low latency? Do you want to be involved in critical initiatives that have direct and meaningful impact on the firm’s daily performance? We want to hear from you, we love collaborating on tough problems and pushing the firm forward!
We are seeking software engineers to improve our C++ trading framework. In this role we encourage healthy collaboration between teams to get the best results. This is a fast-paced environment with frequent releases where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Use a test and data driven approach to write impactful and reliable high-performance C++ applications
- Work with skilled teammates to establish an architectural vision that emphasizes measurability and maintainability
- Implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Deliver high quality software into production environment in a timely manner
- Keep up to date on the latest C++ standards that we could benefit from
- Mastery with C++ 11 or beyond
- Experience with Python
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming, high-performance application architecture and performance tuning techniques and tools
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to design, develop, and deploy major software deliverables to production
- Manage and own tasks given high level directions
- Experience in the trading industry is a plus
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a team-focused derivatives trading firm that employs a multifaceted approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We're always trying to improve to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We trade a broad spectrum of asset classes including Indexes, Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We take pride in our considerable growth since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.