Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will work closely with Engineers, Quants and Traders to build workflows for Options valuation and risk management. You will utilize your experience and team to develop a system capable of delivering information to trading desks with varying requirements. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with traders, quants and technologists to drive requirements
- Architect high-performance Java APIs to interact with valuation and risk data
- Implement software components using micro-services architecture and maintain them though the entire product lifecycle
- Utilize modern technology to interface Java services with new and existing C++ components
- Participate and share your expertise during design and code reviews
- Partner with Quality Assurance? and support teams to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of development experience in Java
- Prior experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- Experience with source code management and a Linux environment experience with Git and python is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytic capabilities
- A self-starter who can quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- A preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch plus healthy snacks, of course, wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.