Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
Do you like breaking down the barriers between software development and operations? Do you want the chance to help build and run an elite financial trading ecosystem? We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help lead and improve our various production trading systems. Collaboration, flexibility, and attention to detail are all key attributes that will be vital to your success in this role!
What You'll Do
- Guide and develop automation systems for continuous integration & deployment.
- Implement monitoring and metrics to improve system reliability and performance.
- Contribute to runbooks, team practices in handoffs of work and incident responses
- Respond to any critical infrastructure and application related events during on-call rotation.
- Partner with developers and product owners to deliver and operate software delivery pipelines.
- Stay up to date on product features, technology, and computing trends.
- Use your time and skills to prevent production incidents from ever happening.
What We're Looking For
- Comfortable operating in a production Linux server environment.
- Experience with Terraform, Pulumi, or CloudFormation.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of SaaS-based logging and metrics applications.
- Cloud experience required (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Solid understanding of development/coding methodologies.
- Comfortable with frequent testing and incremental releases.
- Understanding of Ops challenges and how they can be addressed during design and development, including automation of repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment of shared respect.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.