Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineering to help run and improve our elite cloud-based platform. You will have the opportunity to optimize the maintainability of our existing systems and improve the performance for our trading and quantitative researchers. Teamwork, flexibility and attention to detail will be key attributes vital to succeed!
What You'll Do
- Partner with engineer and quantitative analysts in the operations, continuous integration & deployment of a 24/7 Petabyte scale research and analytics platform
- Implement monitoring and metrics to improve system reliability and performance in a shared multi-user research environment.
- Own all operational aspects of an enterprise platform consisting of distributed databases, batch and streaming systems in both cloud and on-prem environments
- Respond to critical infrastructure and user impacting events proactively and through collaboration with end users
- Partner with developers and quantitive traders to build tools and processes that accelerate research and data-driven trading
- Stay up to date on product features, technology, and industry trends in distributed computing, cloud and petabyte scale data warehousing.
What We're Looking For
- Expert level experience with Linux (any distro)
- Recent experience running Java and Python applications at scale in a distributed compute environment
- Large-scale data management experience with big-data platforms such as Snowflake and Databricks
- High volume cloud-based workload experience required, preferably Azure
- Experience with Terraform, Pulumi, or other modern Infrastructure as Code technologies
- Capable of exploring datasets through SQL
- Understanding of SaaS-based logging and metrics applications
- Solid understanding of development and agile coding methodologies
- Ability to identify and automate routine tasks to eliminate toil
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment of shared respect
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.