Do you have that rare combination of technical and finance skills? If you are you passionate about data driven decision making and love working with technologists to understand the value and investment in IT products & services, we want you! At CTC, you will take that knowledge coupled with data from various source systems to build the financial model and visually appealing reports that communicate the cost, quality and value of IT. This is Technology Business Management (TBM) and we are one of the earliest adopters of this field. We are seeking an analytical and technically skilled data analyst with experience in cost modelling, data management and report design & development to join our team.
In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Director of TBM and have the opportunity to collaborate with IT service owners, Trading, and other senior IT managers.
What You'll Do
- Perform business analysis and make recommendations for improvements to the cost model for IT. Implement and test those changes in Apptio, CTC’s TBM system, and validate effectiveness of the model changes.
- Translate report needs in to a design and prototype for UIs and reports. You will build reports utilizing Apptio and Tableau as appropriate.
- Conduct validation of technology financials of IT services, project costs, application total cost of ownership, and Business Unit chargebacks. Identify issues and work with product and technology owners to resolve.
- Provide analysis and identify trends on the performance of our business services and key performance indicators to help improve the value of our Technology platform. Partner with service owners to help define services that are aligned with the firm’s business capabilities.
- Ensure upgrades and maintenance occur for Apptio and run systems integration between Apptio (Datalink) and all its source systems (including but not limited to CTC’s application inventory, infrastructure systems, HCM, time tracking, and procurement).
- Contribute to and collaborate on the data management plan. We collaborate with technology managers to collect, clean, and transform data from IT for purposes of analysis and/or feed into multiple systems.
- Produce the Bill of IT, submit monthly allocations/chargeback to Finance, and reconcile discrepancies.
- Assist with preparation of the Technology Quarterly Business Report and other reports as needed
What We're Looking For
- Experience required, including financial analysis
- Outstanding analytical and data transformation skills using MS Excel including experience with formulaic logic such as if statements, vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc required
- Experience with Apptio's Cost Transparency and TBM Studio modules or, alternatively, strong knowledge of SQL, data modelling and application of relational database concepts required. Exposure to Apptio's IT Planning or Cloudability are a plus. TBMA certification a plus
- Strong report design and development skills required. Tableau expertise preferred
- Superb communication and presentation skills for senior leadership required
- Work history collaborating with IT Finance, IT Operations, IT Infrastructure, and/or Software Development teams highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of TBM processes and methodologies, IT service management and/or product management preferred.
- Experience working with Agile tools such as Jira and/or integrating with time-tracking systems a plus
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.