Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
Are you excited by the idea of using your hardware development skills to build low latency trading systems? Would you like to help us explore new architectures for some of our most advanced trading strategies? CTC is seeking a Senior FPGA Engineer for our FPGA development team. As a member of this emerging team you will help craft our development environment and processes. And as a technology team member you will work with other specialists, traders, and quants to design and develop next generation end-to-end trading systems.
- Work with a skilled team to establish a pragmatic architectural vision that emphasizes low latency
- Collaborate with senior members of the technology architecture team to review and improve our approach to building trading platforms
- Learn and gain understanding of trading workflow, quantitative modelling, and system performance requirements collaboratively with a multi-functional team
- Develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver incremental improvements in trading performance while significantly improving the system architecture
- Design and implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, standard methodologies and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Advanced experience and expertise with FPGA development
- Advanced experience coding using HDLs with an emphasis on SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Experience with computer architectures, and software development with an emphasis on C/C++ & Python
- Desire to use modern agile design & test practices
- Financial industry experience is a plus
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.