Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
CTC is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Network Operations team; the finalist will sit in either Chicago or London. You will have the opportunity to work on a global network spanning three continents, experiment with the latest technologies, and collaborate with some of the best people in the industry. You will join a tight knit team that emphasizes collaboration, candor, competence, and a passion for finding solutions to complex problems.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, operate, and support CTC’s global network infrastructure
- Collaborate with traders, developers, operations teams, technologists, and management to deliver high-quality network solutions to real-world problems
- Take a data driven approach to analyzing and solving complex network infrastructure issues
- Guide projects from beginning to end, including design, procurement, implementation, and documentation
- Use automation and scripting skills to improve efficiency and manage the network at scale
- Constantly enhance monitoring and alerting for network and application performance
- Embrace teamwork. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the team for off-hours support. Other duties as assigned or needed.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience supporting a large-scale global network, both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP & Ethernet networking including unicast and multicast routing protocols
- Ability to analyze packet captures to troubleshoot problems
- Consistent track record working under pressure in a fast-moving environment with competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A team oriented and customer service mindset with a strong will to succeed
- Financial trading industry experience and scripting and automation skills are preferred
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.