Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
As a senior engineer on our systematic trading desk, you will have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology such as Python3, Dask, time series databases and microservices, and make an impactful contribution to the firm. You will work closely with multiple functions throughout the organization including quant models, backtesting platforms and trading systems. This role will give you the chance to work in a collaborative setting sharing your ideas, while also gaining knowledge from fellow teammates!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with traders, quants and technologists to drive requirements and propose solutions
- Design and implement modular, distributed and high-performance systematic trading system
- Create testing framework to ensure correctness and performance of production code
- Operation support to ensure our trading system run smoothly
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in software development on a trading desk or in a fast-paced and forward-thinking environment
- Strong experience in designing and implementing systematic quant trading systems and associated monitoring tools and dashboard
- Specialist in event driven micro service framework with Python
- Deep understanding of real-time messaging protocol
- Ability to identify problem areas in the system and come up with solutions independently
- Desire to be a member of a fast-growing team with evolving priorities. Self-aware and accountable
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we seek to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.