Are you passionate about technology and trading? Do you find building technology solutions to trading problems exciting? Are you looking for an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on trading performance? Do you enjoy building custom solutions while keeping the chaos manageable? Do you seek out conversations with the quants and traders who use your systems to find ways we can improve trading results?
If so, this is a superb opportunity for you. We are looking for a hands-on technology lead to work closely with our options markets making business to improve our ability to make money. Team work, flexibility and attention to detail will be the key attributes vital to success!
- Develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver incremental improvements in trading performance while improving the platform.
- Partner with other technology teams to use existing services and solutions in support of your business partners
- Maintain an efficient and effective engineering team by empowering and managing staff to meet schedules and resolve technical or operational problems.
- Mentor team members and introduce additional perspective on tools and techniques that could improve quality and drive better solutions
- Stay up to date on product features, technology, and computing trends
- Must be a seasoned technology professional that has experience leading a software development team in a fast paced, multifaceted trading environment
- Ability to manage resources, scope, and time to deliver projects effectively and efficiently.
- A deep knowledge of options products and systems that support a trading business preferably in a market making environment.
- Expert in Java programming
- Proficient in Python
Who We Are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.