At Chicago Trading Company we pride ourselves on our culture, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. We are a hive of collaboration where our traders, quants, technologists and operations teams work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We hold each other to the highest standards-in our effort, our resourcefulness, and our integrity. We also recognize that maintaining a strong culture requires a significant investment in our people, so continuous learning and professional development are cornerstones of CTC’s ongoing success.
We are looking for a technology leader to work closely with our Alternative Strategies group to build custom solutions that make CTC better. Working closely with the quants and traders using your systems, you will help to rapidly prove the viability of innovative trading strategies and technologies. Team work, an entrepreneurial spirit, and attention to detail will be the key attributes vital to success!
- Lead our Alternative Strategies development team while acting as the point person for trading heads and other senior stakeholders
- Develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver incremental improvements in trading performance while improving the platform
- Partner with other technology teams to leverage existing services and solutions in support of your business partners
- Maintain an efficient and effective engineering team by empowering and managing staff to meet schedules and resolve technical or operational problems
- Coach your team to define and capture trading workflow and system performance requirements collaboratively with other cross-functional teams.
- Mentor team members and introduce additional perspective on tools and techniques that could improve quality and drive better solutions
- Must be a seasoned technology professional that has experience leading a software development team in a fast paced, multifaceted trading environment
- A deep knowledge of credit products and systems that support a trading business - preferably in a proprietary trading environment
- Ability to manage resources, scope, and time to deliver projects effectively and efficiently
- Ability to navigate large organizations effectively
- A deep technical background with demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: C++, Java and/or Python
Who We Are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.