Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is an innovative, highly technical trading firm that helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing in the markets and in our communities. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and operations teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong.
The Trade Support Engineer (TSE) works closely with production trading desks to maximize the efficiency of the team's trading tools and software. In this role you will both proactively and reactively identify and resolve issues when outages occur. You will partner closely with traders and operations members to identify software bugs and then relay that information back to development for patching. Through a close relationship with your trading desk, you will be in a position to analyze day to day activities and suggest or design tools and software improvements that will provide benefit to the traders and the systems you support.
What You'll Do:
Production Trade Support (80% of your time):
- Sit next to traders on the trade desk to allow full immersion in the trading workflows
- Provide level one and level two support of trading system issues affecting your desk
- Utilize a “fix it twice” mentality to create tactical solutions to get systems stable again but then follow up with the strategic fix soon after
- Advance issues to other teams as appropriate through detailed log documentation and snippets, so they can get up to speed quickly
Other responsibilities (20% of your time):
- Create automated scripts and applications to improve operational workflows and team efficiency any time you find yourself doing a task twice
- Improve software reliability and stability through performance optimizations
- Partner with Trading Systems Operations to schedule and communicate software releases for your trading desks
What We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation and basic SQL knowledge (Python experience is also a plus)
- Ability to operate in a high pressure, time-critical trading environment where you observe, analyze, and act quickly to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills to bridge communications between trading and technology
- Self-motivated with strong time management and a sense of ownership
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity, and the ability to learn from mistakes
- Electronic trading experience and/or familiarity with FIX/Exchange protocols is a plus
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families and offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. Benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.